Friday, March 1, 2019

{Post 1,629} This ‘N That


I cut apart (I call it “deboned” because it makes me think of deboning a turkey carcass...saving all the usable bits and discarding the waste) nine shirts today. Here is the finished pile. I ironed them as I deboned them, and also cut off strips of a few of them for more moth blocks. Honestly, they don’t look much once cut up, but it took over an hour to get to this point.


I just had a little free time today after my grandson went home. I wanted some time at the sewing machine, so I pieced a few more sections of the string light/dark quilt in process. I am leaning towards a baby quilt. I cut the panels 40” long. Here is what I’ve got so far. This is 9” wide x 40” long. I plan on going on with the light and dark rows. 


I am aiming for about 40” square, so on I piece!




1 comment:

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

That looks good! It is a lot of work but looks like it is well worth the effort!