Monday, March 4, 2019

{Post 1,630} String Baby Quilt Halfway


Here is my shirt string baby quilt. It is halfway finished! Someone commented that this must be taking a long time. I am sorry I still cannot respond to comments directly. This is actually one of the fastest ways to piece. No measuring other than eyeballing that it will cover the paper foundation. Just make sure you don’t use two of the same fabrics close together. Even if you do...no biggie!

I added a couple more rows this AM. A friend is coming over so I can talk her through making a T-shirt quilt for one of her sons. I plan on sewing on this some more tonight.

This section is 40” x 20”...


Now that I am looking at the picture, I see a fabric that I should NOT have used in the dark panels. It is the light blue with white stripes. I will remove those pieces and add in a darker one/ones. Yes, I am going to take the time to do that! Looks like one piece in each row. 

No comments: