Tuesday, February 26, 2019

{Post 1,627} Second 2/26 Post


First of all, thank you to all of you who read my blog. I have had challenges responding to comments, editing content, etc. I hate change in the tech world. I am so bad at it, but I eventually muddle through, then things CHANGE!! I hope to be able to email those of you who comment back. Please bear with me.

In other news, I pieced more string blocks to add to my design wall. In order to put them up, I took down all my moth blocks to start piecing the center of that quilt. I got all but the last row pieced for a 4 x 6 block + sashing + cornerstone setting in one direction. In other words, all but the last block of the horizontal rows are pieced. That does not include the border.




For the Moth in the Window quilt, I think instead of 8 moth blocks across, I’ll start with six and see how large that will be with borders. If it indeed turns out wide enough, I will have already pieced blocks to make more rows. I might be closer to having this one finished that I thought!

2 comments:

blj said...

Cant wait to see both of these in person when they get finished. I really like the moth in the window quilt but that string quilt really POPS!

Teresa said...

Your string blocks look so good - love the fabrics. I am having fun with a string quilt as well, I could sit and make those blocks for hours, but alas I have other projects that need work on as well. I had not seen a moth block before and it sure is an interesting pattern. I like the scrappiness of both quilts.