Friday, February 1, 2019

{Post 1,616} Not Much New Here


I knew I would get very little machine sewing time today. I have been trying to cook one meal a day. That doesn’t sound like much considering that when all my children were at home, we’d have 3 from-scratch meals every day. My husband and I both eat about every three hours, and we try to eat together once a day. With Timmy (4) here, it is even harder. He doesn’t like many foods. I am trying to change that, but that is the fact. Cooking take a long time when one includes clean-up.

I tried a new recipe for supper, and it was, sadly, not so scrumptious. It was a weight watcher meatloaf recipe. It was too soft in texture for us. At least Timmy had some. It won’t go to waste (or waist either, evidently), but I won’t make it again.

Earlier this week, my right knee unexpectedly gave out on me. I felt a little pop in it, then I could not bear weight on it for a few minutes. It happened several times this AM. I spent a lot of time icing and resting it.

I did do some hand sewing on the filler units for my Grandmother’s Flower Garden. Everything just takes so much time, you know?

This afternoon, I remembered that I had 4 quilt tops to machine quilt for a friend. I got those out and made a plan. This AM, I ironed a top and backing. My knee started acting up, so I did not work on it any more. I have the backing pinned and ready to add the top and batting. I hope to get some quilting done on it tomorrow.

For interest, here is an old quilt top of mine that I unearthed during the recent decluttering. I don’t even know how big it is. After I get the customer quilts quilted, I am going to add another border to this and quilt it for my family. I designed it after coming across a very large number of HSTs. I kinda love it.

I just now remembered that last week at this time, Timmy could not stop vomiting and we took him to the hospital in the AM. Seems like yesterday. I am glad he recovered so quickly. I am exhausted, mentally, emotionally, and physically. Enjoy the eye candy below...


1 comment:

Gypsy Quilter said...

That's a very pretty top. Wal-mart sells a flexible knee brace in their sports equipment department. Sure hope you get to feeling better.