Tuesday, January 29, 2019

{Post 1,612} Room to Breathe


I was trying so hard to use my time wisely today since I did not have my grandson. I love, Love, LOVE being with him. Seriously, I just enjoy being with him. But I did have a few small chores that I’ve been itching to get to in my sewing room. I accomplished all I hoped for and more. It went so well that I cut out and pieced 4 more moths. I did not realize I ran short of fabric until I was piecing. I could not find even one more 2-1/2” square of one of them, so I substituted. Do you see the mismatched piece? I doubt anyone will ever notice it once it’s on a bed.

I had two ladies ask for items off my last post. Don’t be shy! I neglected to mention that the stack of books behind the booklets is also up for grabs.

Looks like I need to piece some more sashing strips tonight...



Here is a comparison photo of the area between my ironing station/storage shelves and my quilt frame. Yes, that is the FLOOR in the second picture. Believe me—it’s been a while since anyone has seen it.


I also had time to sort through a lot of my shirt fabrics. I now have a bin of light and colored crumbs. I also selected the fabric for lots of moth blocks. It is so nice to be working on a completely cleaned off cutting and ironing station. Here is the cutting station. I don’t remember the last time I saw all of it at once. The blue box in the back right corner is the colored crumbs and the box to its left is the light colored ones. The stack in the left front corner is for future moths. I found out that there isn’t a name for a group of moths (like herd, gaggle, murder, etc. Poor moths). Aaaaahhhhh...



No comments: