Monday, February 4, 2019

{Post 1,617} Taters and Flowers

Here is a close-up of the nearly-finished edge of my Grandmother’s Flower Garden.


I just love working on this quilt. I did not do any sewing at all yesterday. I like to do a few minutes every day, but sometimes it just doesn’t happen. Some new friends had us over for lunch right after church, and we spent a lot of the day with them. 

On Saturday I machine quilted a customer top. Three more for her to go! I did not take a picture since it wasn’t my quilt.

On a totally different subject, I have two relatively new appliances. A Power Air Fryer Oven and an Instant Pot (I actually have two, a 3-quart and an 8-quart). Today I made mashed potatoes in the IP for the first time. I’ll never go back. Six minutes of pressure cooking, quick release, drain water, and proceed as desired. The recipe said one could make up to five pounds in the 8-quart. I was only making them because I had some russet potatoes going bad. I also made some boneless, skinless chicken thighs in the PAFO for lunch with a rub of seasonings. They were splendid. My son, who doesn’t like thighs, could only eat two, LOL!

Hope each of you has a wonderful night.





No comments: