Wednesday, January 30, 2019

{Post 1,614} An “Even” Twenty-Five


I know 25 is not an even number, but it is a finished set of five rows of five blocks. I am just loving this quilt.

Today I used a large amount of time getting me and Timmy to the dentist. We had an hour to kill between when I picked him up from school and when we needed to be at the dentist. There is a Bernina quilt shop in the same town, so we went there. They just started selling Go cutters. Just last night a friend and I were visiting and she mentioned that she thought I “needed” one of those. So I was glad to have the opportunity to see one in action. They are sooooo expensive. I thought the woman was saying the package she was showing me was $220. It was $220 OFF, so you can imagine the price. Anyway, it was neat. I don’t think I would ever get one. Too much to store and too limited in its use. I can buy a lot of mats and rotary cutter blades for nearly $600!!

But back to my new blocks for today. It is so refreshing to work on just this and tidy up my ironing and cutting stations every night. I could get spoiled!

Only two new blocks due to all the Timmy time today. I did piece and subcut more sashing strips today.



1 comment:

Marsha B said...

I am loving these blocks, the plaids and stripes are so fun to look at!