Tuesday, May 21, 2019

{Post 1,666} Quilt-Along


I am not crazy about every new technology that comes out. In fact, I wish things would just. Stop. Changing. I just don’t like learning all the ins and outs of the new things you know?

Some of my children have Instagram accounts, so I signed up for one. Even though I don’t want to learn a new thing, just today I decided to post on my account. It’s “Joan Parker” if you want to take a peek, but I’m posting the same pictures here.

Kim Diehl is on Instagram. I have always liked her fabrics and designs. She is having a quilt-along from one of her new books, Simple Friendships 2. I just happened to buy that on Kindle. That is the only book of here’s that I own. So I started yesterday. I was a week behind, so I made last week’s, and then today I made this week’s. Very small pieces. I guess I’ve been using slightly bigger pieces just long enough to think the 1-1/2” squares are tiny. A 1-1/2” square finished HST??  What in the world??

The thing that is sort of bothering me is that I don’t know what fabrics to use because I don’t know what the finished product will look like. I’m wondering which ones will be next to which ones, and so on. I guess I’ll just have to wing it.

Here is week one’s pictures...




Here is week two:



2 comments:

Teresa said...

They are pretty blocks and your colors are well coordinated, so it should finish up fine. I seldom do mystery quilts for the same reason you gave, its hard to do fabric selections when you have no idea what you are making.

Ruth said...

I love Kim Diehl's designs and have several of her books. But, the only thing I have made from her books is a "Welcome" door hanger. One of these days I will make one of her smaller quilts. The QAL looks like fun! I'm not on Instagram and haven't really thought about joining.