Monday, March 4, 2019

{Post 1,631} Slight Changes Make Me Happy


I have made dozens of quilts. People often ask if there is anything about a finished quilt I would have changed. The answer is sometimes yes. But if I am in the beginning stages of a quilt (as in, it’s not quilted yet), I make the changes if they bother me every time I look at the top. I put contrasting black circles on the two fabrics in the “dark” rows that I replaced because they are too light. It’s those medium-valued fabrics that are always the trouble makers. I also highlighted a light with a bright green dot that I might remove and replace in the second picture. There are too many of that odd fabric close together. The changing out doesn’t really take all that long. With these odd-shaped pieces, I simple remove the offender, then use it as a pattern to make a replacement piece.

Here is the before above the after, with the after having one more dark row on it (with a couple black pieces added in on purpose because there were not very many black pieces, and that’s what I used to replace the large light blue one.




1 comment:

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Changing out that fabric does define the rows more clearly.