Monday, February 11, 2019

{Post 1,618} Two More Moths


I had hoped to have many more blocks by now, but life happened. On a daily basis. We had company for a couple days, I bought a few more shirts, and we were out of town for two days. That’s my excuse, and I’m sticking with it.

Tonight I cut just one sleeve off 2 shirts and made the two blocks below. The fabric on the left one is a dark purple (my favorite color is purple). The one on the right is a very dark grey stripe.

 

Here they are with their friends:


Before I can proceed, I need to determine how large I want the finished quilt to be. Bonnie’s is 88-1/2” square, I think. I will figure my final size before I make any more blocks. We have too many quilts that we don’t use because they are a strange (non-bed) size. In the meantime, I’ll debone the rest of my shirts.

Here is my little Valentine quilt on the wire “Welcome” hanger. It is not exactly what I wanted, but I like it. It is at the top of the stairs from the basement.







3 comments:

Marsha B said...

Seems like life always changes our plans. I noticed you had not posted in a while, glad to hear it wasn't that you were sick or something. I love the plaids from shirts, the blocks are so much prettier. Your quilt will be gorgeous! I like the little heart quilt, too, perfect for Valentines.

Melinda said...

I love all the fabrics. You are making nice progress.

blj said...

you continue to amaze me with all that you do get done as busy as you are....i struggle with just going to work and coming home and having a little sewing time on the weekend.