Tuesday, February 12, 2019

{Post 1,619} One Lonely Moth


I stitched one Moth in the Window block this AM. I spent two hours straight decluttering my sewing room. It feels good to have another Chick-fil-A box of donations and a 13-gallons bag of trash. At some point, my room will be completely decluttered.


I deboned two more shirts and went through lots of stuff. 

Yesterday I finished the re-machine quilting of my youngest daughter’s first large quilt (that I made for her when she was about four). She got married this past summer. When she still lived at home, this quilt’s machine quilting started wearing off, leaving big “toe-catcher” stitches. I had sent it out to be quilted before I started machine quilting all my own quilts. The unquilting process took a couple years because I hardly ever worked on it. It’s no fun at all. I love the new thread color and the density of the quilting (simple loops). Here is about half of it and a close-up after washing and drying.

A commercial moment. I am selling Thimbleberries from my house for $5 a yard, plus actual shipping. Let me know if you want some pictures. This quilt looks as good as it did when I first made it. Very minimal fading, if any at all. It is made from all Thimbleberries. Enjoy!



2 comments:

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

I like your block with the shirts. The swirly pattern looks good for the cats. I like the stripes and the plaid together and the blue and yellow.

blj said...

I am trying to be more like you and at least make time for a little bit of sewing every day. I really like this Moth in the Window patch, it pops! Nice that you were able to requilt your daughter's quilt--such a treasure. Let me know when you have either or both of my quilts ready and I will be over to shop!