Sunday, December 25, 2011

{Post #861} New Ornaments and Angels


Above are some applesauce/cinnamon star ornaments I made this year.  This was easy and quick to do.  Makes me wonder why I never made them when my children were small.  I plan on painting a white outline and some dots on them before we put them away for the year.  They smell fabulous.  I cut them with an antique cookie cutter from my Grandma Varshine.  Good memories.  Google cinnamon applesauce ornaments for the recipe.  I baked them for an hour at 250 then turned them on a cooling rack for the rest of the day.



The above picture is four clothespin angels I am mailing my sister tomorrow.  I have made them for all of my children and my husband and I.  Finally, this year, I have caught up with my sister's ten children!!  At last.  These are so cute on a Christmas tree.  You just slide the clothespin "legs" on a branch.  Mine are all red with white trim.  Her children all have different colors...there might be a repeat or two. 

Hope you are enjoying a great holiday.

~Joan

1 comment:

Lurline said...

Your ornaments are just lovely!
Hugs - Lurline♥