Monday, December 26, 2011

{Post #862} Look Who's Smilin'...

Finally got a smile on this guy's face.  I used an old tole painting technique that I highly recommend if you are painting an item you aren't going to be washing much.  Do a practice piece first.  Dip the back of a small paintbrush handle into the paint, then dot it on the fabric.  Makes a perfectly round dot if you hold it perpendicular to the fabric.  I like it. 


Look Who else is lookin' at you...


Now for a plea (I've become more bold since the Seeds of Kindness quilt).  I want to make this one (ahead even!) for February.  I can swing all the fabrics except the blues.  My non-Thimbleberries stash is not very varied.  Is there someone who could send me 2 light blue pieces and 2 dark blue pieces that all coordinate for the birds?  I will send YOU something in return.  Email me for sizes.  Something in the light to medium blue range would be good.  The picture is fuzzy, but there are 4 different blues here.

UPDATE:  This request has been fulfilled!  Thanks to my e-friends who responded!



TTFN,
Joan

4 comments:

julieQ said...

Yes, I will send your what I have....just let me know dear Joan.

Lurline said...

Just great - love the Feb!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Leeanne said...

I am happy to help...but it would take a couple of weeks (or more because of the Xmas season) from here in New Zealand.

Anonymous said...

I would be happy to help you out! Let me know! I need to make more of the minis like you have. I made two each for my grandmothers. One of them is in a nursing home so I love the fact that you can make and hang little things on the wall that can be easily exchanged. Love them, BTW!