Monday, March 10, 2008

Joanie Appleseed Strikes Again

One of my new blogger friends has dubbed me Joanie Appleseed. That cracks me up. My childhood acquaintances all call me Joanie. Kind of takes me back...

I am sewing less and less. There are other things that need my attention. I am trying to do the right thing. I will have quilty projects to share here and there, but the volume will no doubt be greatly decreasing.

I'm teaching Rachel (10) how to piece. I do all the cutting, but she is doing all the sewing and pressing. She is an eager student, to put it mildly. She is making a Scrappy Stars quilt.




Also on the sewing/quilting front, I'm going to make a template for my apple seeds (isn't that what Joanie Appleseed should do?) for my apple quilt that I showed you a couple days ago. I am going to quilt seeds in the apples and apples in the triangles in the border. I made this exact quilt years ago, but it lives at our pastor's house now. That one was all hand-quilted. I still have the paper apple that I used for a template, so I'll reuse that.

I have the binding prepared, so I'll at least sew the sleeve and binding on today. The hand work will wait until later.

~Joan

No comments: