Monday, January 9, 2023

{Post 1,775} Florals

 My sister and I used to make/sell supplies for watercolor quilts. I finally got rid of all my floral fabrics. Last time I saw her, she gave me a huge box of florals she had left over (I think there was at least 15 pounds). So I spent a road trip when I wasn’t driving finding quick, easy, yet aesthetically pleasing quilt patterns that would be good for florals. But I am still me. I found a piece of mottled greenish-gray in my stash and made up a pattern to use it up. I used every speck. It wasn’t quite as large as I wanted, so I added an inner border and a piano key outer border. I am gifting it to my Sunday school teacher. I am taking her out for lunch on Friday, and I will give it to her then. I can’t wait to surprise her!

Here are some pictures of the process. I had about a half inch by 2-1/2” piece of the green left over. Mission accomplished.




I made these blocks from strings left over from the front. I needed about 6” more in the width of the quilt width. Worked fabulously. Just piece a string block and cut a square the same size of another fabric. Stitch 1/4” from the edge all the way around. Press. Cut diagonally and iron the HSTs open. Use as desired. I took out one small part and added cream so I could use that for the label. Instead of spending $30+ on a Bloc Loc ruler, I made my own by adding about 6 layers of painter’s tape on my regular 6-1/2” ruler.






This ended up being 60” x 68”. A nice sofa throw size.













No comments: