Saturday, October 26, 2019

{Post 1,694} New Project in the Works


We have made a few changes to our living room/foyer (2 separate spaces) recently. My husband custom-built me a coat rack for the foyer that I have since painted and put above our couch to represent a mantel (ours was removed about this time last year along with our fireplace). I wanted a coat rack that was flush to the wall instead of jutting out like our previous one (although I loved it). I had my eye on something like these from Pinterest...




We have a church pew on the opposite wall. It was made when my husband’s grandfather was a young boy. His dad helped build a church. When the church was torn down, many descendants from those folks got to take a pew. My MIL gave me hers. It is perfect for that space, which otherwise would be a waste of space, IMHO.

Tonight I painted the wall where our coat rack is going to go. Here are the two walls in the foyer.




The kitchen chair is only out there because I stood on it to cut in the wall I painted. 

We are using some of our own old fence pickets to make the coat rack. More on them tomorrow.




2 comments:

Maggie Ann said...

I really like the coat rack with the birds on it! You've been busy =), and its nice to see all of your plans. I like a pew in any room. They are hard to come by, arent' they. The one we have is from our church also, and goes back pretty far...timewise. Hope you are having lots of sunshine like we are.

Elaine Adair said...

So kewllllll! You two are so clever! Beautiful, and if I had "cleverness" in my/our genes, would look great at our front door.