Tuesday, March 12, 2019

{Post 1,636} This ‘N That


Today has flown by. Every day does, but some just *poof* are gone.

My youngest son and I went out for breakfast. It seems I rarely see him. So I take him out to catch up. His car needed minor maintenance, so I offered to let him take my car to work and I took his in to the mechanic’s. What I thought was going to be a 45-minute deal was over two hours. Oh, well. I got to talk to my sister for a long time, which almost never happens. Then I looked at 3 thrift shops in the area. I’d like to find (or maybe morph) a coffee table for our living room. I have never used a coffee table. Shocked?

I added the last cream row to this little shirt string quilt. I decided to quilt it for my grandson due May 6. I will put Minkie on the back for softness. It measures 36” x 40”. Nice newborn size. (I have tried to upload a picture for over 20 minutes...will try again tomorrow).

I laid out the Moth in the Window blocks. Tomorrow I will make another set of sashing strips and start sewing this together.



I have a couple housekeeping things in my plans for tomorrow. Today I also replaced all the chair-sliding-pad things on the bottom of our 10 kitchen chairs. I spray painted a red little end table with a drawer a color called espresso brown. I think I will need to sew a small table mat for the top of that. I also want to make a table runner for our new living room console table. It looks bare without one.


2 comments:

julieQ said...

I don't have a coffee table either...mym hubby won't let me have one, Lol!! loving YOUR SCRAPS!

ThreadCatcher said...

The sashing makes such a difference on your Moth in the Window quilt! It looks wonderful.