Monday, March 11, 2019

{Post 1,635} Crumby


I am curious about how many of my readers have ever made a crumb quilt? Today I have spent most of my time alone, but have been on the phone or texting for hours at a time. A very emotional situation came up that required lots of communication with many different people. Earlier I was thinking, “It must be nearly 11 PM...” and it was 5:17. So I decided to piece the crumbs that were interfering with my pulling out strings. I simply dumped out my little blue string bucket and put the crumbs (odd misshaped pieces at least 1-1/2” square) onto a plate, which I ended up dumping onto my sewing table.

I am going to just post the pictures of how I crumb piece. After each sewing session, I press the new unit open, then make one side straight. I just try not to use the same fabric twice in a block. There are all kinds of tutorials online for this. If you do have a question, send me an email at joanparker10@gmail.com.

At the end are two crumb quilts I have done in the past. I had forgotten about both of them, but I did a search on my blog! I have not decided what to do with these new blocks, so I will set them aside in “a safe place” (which usually means I’ll lose them) until I decide on a plan. They are all made with shirt pieces.







I have made two crumb quilts in the past. Here they are...



2 comments:

dortha said...

Those are beautiful. Some would throw those pieces away.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

These are all beautiful! I have been crumb piecing for my rail fence quilt, but I have been cutting rectangles first and piecing them together. I am going to add some wonky pieces like you have. I really like the look of that!