Monday, February 18, 2019

{Post 1,622} Two Posts Today!


I worked on hand-piecing my Grandmother’s Flower Garden quilt top on the way to PA this past week. For some reason (sneezing and sniffling most likely—we were all ill while we were there with the same gunk), I didn’t even take it out of the tote bag on the way home. I didn’t even drive a minute, but I was too whipped to work on it. The other reason was that I was not sure how much more I had to do. It has been a while since I laid the whole top out and looked at how much needed pieced to finish the top out to the borders.

Well, wait no longer. I just did that. I think I have all the blossoms done. Some just need to be attached (4 whole blossoms and 3 half blossoms).  Not all the ones in the picture are sewn on. I will wait to put the half blocks at the bottom on until I get the rest of them attached to the mother ship and lay it on my bed.

If I don’t need to make any more blossoms, I only need 12 more green diamonds basted, 2 more green triangles, and 6 cream filler units (which means 60 more hexagons, but they go quickly). The end is in sight!!


No comments: