Monday, February 18, 2019

{Post 1,621} Home, Sweet Home


We made a side trip to IKEA in relatively nearby Charlotte on our way home from PA. This tree was right beside where we parked our van in the parking lot. We left my daughter’s house last night and drove two hours and spent the night in a hotel. The reason was that they were getting icy precipitation during the night. By the time we got down to sea level from their house, the temp had gone up ten degrees.

I came home to this...and went without a jacket into the store.


I wish I knew what kind of tree this is. It had such delicate blossoms.

The reason we stopped at IKEA was to buy a Ingo table. I saw a tutorial for making a sewing machine table where the sewing machine sits flush with the table top. I kept looking back to see what kind of table they recommended. I told my husband that I couldn’t remember it. When I told him the name, he said, “it’s *clap* I-N-G-O, and Ingo is its name-o!!”  Ha ha ha ha ha...

My husband agreed to make me one. He sort of did that with the desk I use now. The desk used to be L-shaped. When he removed the piece that jutted out at a 90-degree angle, I kept wishing the machine was closer to the right end of the table. You see, that is where I have my Bible reading and prayer time in the AM, and the space to the left of the machine is very small. This table was intended to have the tray below used as a keyboard tray for a computer.  It was the perfect height for my sewing machine once my husband cut a hole to fit the machine snugly into it.


No comments: