Friday, January 25, 2019

{Post 1,607} Surprises

Today hardly went as planned at all. I had anticipated taking Timmy to school and having the rest of the weekend free. He threw up before we cooked breakfast. We spent most of the day Velcro-ed together. Poor little nipper. So he did not go to school and is staying here all weekend.

A couple of years ago I started taking out one woman at a time from my church for a meal (I do this once a month or so). It is a great way to get to know someone. Church is so busy. I interpret for the deaf, sing in the choir (although I am taking a year off from that right now), teach preschool every week, coordinate the wedding and baby showers, etc. etc. It’s hard to have a decent conversation while at church, but I love my church family. I had planned to take a new-to-our-church girl out for lunch today. Fortunately, we could still do that. My son watched Timmy while I was out. I cut the meal short so I could get back soon. He fell asleep on the couch with a bright light on. Highly irregular!



I did more hand sewing on my Grandmother’s Flower Garden. Basted more green diamonds and added another filler unit (did not take a picture).

Also, I just finished this for the wire Welcome quilt hanger I mentioned in my last post. It is not exactly what I had in mind, but will do for now. I hope to start hand quilting it tomorrow. The black tiny floral is one of my favorite prints. It is by Moda. Most of the creams are Thimbleberries. It measures 17-3/4” x 15” now. I might use red binding. I’ll decide when I get to that point.


2 comments:

julieQ said...

Sweet baby!! I love your heart quilt, Joan!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

I hope Timmy gets better quickly. He looks so cute sleeping there with the quilt! Your hearts quilt is so pretty!