Thursday, January 24, 2019

{Post 1,605} Back to the Garden

I did not piece any new Moth in the Window blocks today. This was a very unusual Thursday for me. I dropped my grandson off at school, then stopped for some groceries on the way home. I was busy until the very minute I had to leave to get him after that. I make home made bread from sprouted white wheat flour, and I baked a loaf of that today. On our way back from school, we stopped at Hobby Lobby. As part of my clean-up process, I am taking the old family portraits out of their frames. I am putting the pictures in a scrapbooking album that holds 12” x 12” sheets. The album I bought just has sheet protectors, so I stopped and got enough black paper to put in them. I will attach my pictures to those. The frames will go in the next donate box.

Last week I started teaching a 7-year-old little boy from my church (and Timmy’s school) sign language. We plan to have a lesson on Thursday afternoons. He gets out of school an hour later than Timmy, so we had time for the Hobby Lobby stop before he arrived. I have been signing for 30 years. This little fella has renewed my love for the language. He is soooo adorable. After that, we chilled for about an hour, then I took Timmy to play at Chick-fil-A in the play area. Had supper there, too.

So no new quilt blocks. But I am going to share what little sewing I did do today. It’s all progress. You’re probably wondering what my post title means. I am adding filler edges to my Grandmother’s Flower Garden quilt. It is all hand cut and hand sewn. I love all of it. I am piecing the filler units in remote locations and then attaching them to the mother ship at home. Here is my first edge needing fillers. What you see is three units sewn into place and the fourth that is ready for attaching. I will miss working on this when it’s finished. I think I’ve been working on it for four years. But only on planes and in automobiles. I have done a tiny bit of stitching in a hotel or two. It has been my travel project.



No comments: