Thursday, February 9, 2012

{Post #902} Red Zinger


Here is the Red Zinger as of this AM.  The reason I picked 10-1/2" foundation blocks is so I could cut the selvage off the red and end up with no waste.  I put the selvage in my selvage box then cut 4 ten and a half inch squares and pitch the tiny sliver left.  


Right now I don't have many varieties of selvages.  I am going to cut some off my I Spy stack and make the last two blocks to finish this set out.  Trying to decide how many blocks I want total as well as what I'll do for a border.  Have a couple ideas floating around up there. 


This measures 60" x 40"  I will make the center at least 60" square, then add borders.




I have these left over from my Texas Braid and just might find a way to use them for a border.  They are not the same red, but variety is the spice of life, eh?




Something to mull over.


In very exciting news...someone emailed me about buying my Little Gracie frame.  My new HQ one should be here by Monday, so no time like the present to get this one out!!


~Joan

1 comment:

Me and My Stitches said...

I really do love the look of this quilt. And...congrats on selling the old...in with the new!