Thursday, September 15, 2011

{Post #802} On The Move

Knocked two items off my to-do list.  Earlier this week (when I was languishing in bed because I was ill) I made up a list of my current UFOs.  My list was much longer than I thought it would be.  I decided to finish a couple.   

My girls' piano teacher's husband, when seeing me hand quilting at his kitchen table during their lessons asked, "Do you ever work on more than just one project at a time?"  To make a long story short (for him), I just said yes!!

Here is an I Spy that Rachel started.  I already have a recipient in mind.  The alternate red squares have tiny yellow dots circled with black.  It is cute.  I already have the backing cut and ready to go as well as the binding.


Then I decided to quilt one of the toppers I pieced yesterday, using a gentle swirl pattern I learned of through Michelle.  So easy!  Here is a pic where you can really see the texture even though it's quilted with invisible thread...



I cut, pieced, and pressed the binding last night after I pieced the top, so it was ready to go.  I am going to hand sew it down as soon as I have some extra time.

~Joan

2 comments:

Me and My Stitches said...

What?! You don't have that done yet? What a slacker! Lol!!

Michelle said...

Wow...those swirls looks great!! You did a really good job!