Monday, August 8, 2011

Did I Miss Something??



(Pic from xdesktopwallpapers.com)

Yesterday at church, people kept asking me one of the following questions...

~Are you nervous yet?

~Are you stressed-out yet?

~Are you worried yet?

~How ARE you?  (with a worried expression on their faces)

~Ready for this to be over?

I kept responding with a blank look as if I had no idea what they were referring to.  OF COURSE I know Emily is getting married this week.  The planning has gone so well.  Emily is very organized, and we have a fantastic woman from our church who is our volunteer coordinator.  So, for those of you who must know...

I am not nervous, stressed-out, or worried--YET.  If I do get to that state, you'll be the first to know!  I am the complete and unexplainable blend of ecstatic and sad.  My big goal is not to cry all week...at all.  I'll let you know how that goes.

~Joan

PS:  Have you noticed that I've been changing the color of my font to match the accompanying picture (s)?? 

2 comments:

Gypsy Quilter said...

I believe that's why there are hats with veils, to hide teary eyes. It's okay to cry with joy, with sadness, with a mixture of both. She's going to be a beautiful bride and aren't you lucky enough to be her mamma!

Ruth said...

I agree with Gypsy Quilter! When my sons got married, I had to brace myself not to cry. It is an emotional moment, for sure. You have been doing so well, I'm sure everything will work like clockwork!