Thursday, June 17, 2010

Honeycomb Stars


I worked on the Honeycomb Stars a little tonight. I added a couple colors for variety, so I HAD to see how it looked (that's how most of my quilts start...I'll just make a block...then two...then...).

This measures about 9" square so far. I am thinking I'll need at least five "rings" as opposed to the three in the original photo. With a table for 10, one needs to be ready to expand!

I just noticed in the picture that the bottom right corner has an unfinished seam. The blue hexagon is not sewn down on the bottom short side. That's because I start on the long seam and continue up one short side, then go back and do the other. Must have gotten interrupted before finishing that one off. Will be corrected soon.

~Joan

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love it! I want to get that set of stamps so bad - I was hoping she would be at this quilt show I'm doing this week - but no luck. I think I'm going to have to break down and order them! Yours looks amazing!