Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Another New Project

This is a gift for a family friend whose son recently graduated from Marine boot camp. The quilt is called Family Pride. You can get the free pattern here.

I originally saw this on Ruth's blog. It is on the left side of her blog. Isn't hers beautiful? I love the cabinet behind it.

Here is mine thus far. It only takes a short time to piece. I am hand quilting it. An "X" in each of the red squares with red thread. The line inside the star and the two outside are done in navy blue thread. The three "fireworks" lines besides those are going to be done in cream. I am nearly finished quilting the center already. This will be a quickie!

There is a second one pieced. I am visiting my sister and parents later this summer. I wonder if they would like one, too? My sister's husband is in the process of re-enlisting in the Army. That would be an appropriate quilt for them, no??



Long may she wave!

~Joan

1 comment:

Gypsy Quilter said...

Lovely little project!