Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Maddie's Baby Quilt - Finished!


Here is Maddie's baby quilt...bound and washed! I love the way it turned out. I have enough batik strips to make a second one. I will start that soon. It will be for a boy, so I got a camo-colored green for the triangles and border.

Here it is lying on the floor. I originally put on the light purple outer border. I thought it was too light. I got some dark purple batik and decided to just use both!


When I quilted the border, I drew a wavy line on all four sides and wanted to quilt a feather on both sides of the line. I was disappointed then elated...it looks like stacked hearts! I'll just pretend like that was my intention all along. This is a good free-motion quilt design for any child's quilt.


I am nearly finished with my Grass is Greener quilt, too. Next up will be pics of my finished spool quilt center.
~Joan


2 comments:

Connie said...

You are busy getting your quilts made, this is a very pretty one also. Have a great week!

Elaine Adair said...

Stacked hearts - yes. I also think of question marks. A quilting friend says fat buxxs on a barstool! LOLOL

(couldn't resist - ya know, whatever idea helps one quilt!)