Monday, April 5, 2010

The Tooth Hurts

Went to my dentist first thing this AM after having a miserable day Sunday. I took the narcotic pain killer only to be loopy and nauseated, but w/o pain relief. My dentist worked me in. He is so amazing with his scheduling. Our family jokes about his service of speed and pain-free tactics. When they said I'd be worked into the schedule, I expected a long wait. I ended up waiting 3-1/2 whole minutes to be taken back to the exam room. That's when the real waiting began...another 2 minutes. Simply amazing. In a short amount of time he found the problem (pictured above--the tooth on the right with the tiny filling is nearly half decay underneath, extending down to the nerve). He numbed the tooth, and I came home to sleep until it was time to get a root canal done. My misery is over. I was about to break out in my own rendition of the Hee Haw favorite, "Gloom, Despair, and Agony On Me".

~Joan

3 comments:

Karen said...

Pain-free tactics at the dentist's office is no joke as far as I'm concerned!!!

audrey said...

Oh! You poor, darlin' girl!! I hope and pray that it is all sorted real soon!

Hugs.

momtofatdogs said...

I hope that your mouth is feeling better this week.

Sam