Monday, March 8, 2010

Must Hand Sew...NOW

Here is an I Spy I am making for my sister's family. The colors are much more appealing in person. The orange stretched stars are a nice tangerine-ish orange color. I am going to put two borders on this eventually.

Here is a project that Rachel started from my leftover Bull's Eye pieces. She has lost interest in it (yippee), so I pieced a few blocks. Each quarter block is 4" square. This is an inverse of the coloration on my larger Bull's Eye quilt, and all the background squares are Thimbleberries (so far). The blocks are one inch smaller than my original. I am using the trimmings from the background blocks for my circles on this one. Couldn't just pitch them!!



What I should be doing is finishing up some of my hand-sewing projects. I allow them to languish while I work on other things. Why?? Why do I do that? I guess because machine piecing is satisfying because it goes so quickly. Unfortunately, that results in even more unfinished quilt tops and UFOs.

I'm going to spend the rest of my free time tonight hand sewing on my Seeds of Kindness top. It is fairly close to being finished. I am thinking about appliqueing the wavy border onto a rectangle, then hand quilting it. Susanna has already offered to baste it for me. What more could a girl ask for??

Soon I need to pick up my children from the nursing home ministry, then I think we are having two college girls join us for supper, then my oldest daughter will be home from work. I can't understand why I don't have an hour here and there to hand sew!!

~Joan

No comments: