Monday, March 24, 2008

Eight Plan B Blocks

Remember the poll from a while back? It was about the above blocks. I decided to go with the original pattern design instead of these blocks. I don't know why I thought I needed to hurry to finish this. For what it's worth, your votes were exactly even for the new way and the original way.

Today I did laundry for 2 of my sons (translated sewing time). I stitched up a bunch of the HSTs needed for the dark blocks. I used my Easy Angle Ruler and cut the pieces from 2" strips. I got quite a few done. They finish at 2" square. Me, oh my!

I think the reason that I make so many quilts is just my compulsive personality. Marcie, you can stop laughing now.

I have a hard time *just* sitting. It about kills me. For example, tonight I had to go pick my son up at work. I thought he might be eating after he clocked out, so I grabbed my hand-sewing bag as I dashed out the door. I got almost a whole row of my Seeds of Kindness pieces hand-sewn together in the 15-20 minutes it took him to eat supper. We got to chat as well, which is always a blessing.

I do plan to show you my new ironing station (that makes it sound so special). It is a much better use of the space.
~Joan

1 comment:

Lisa Boyer said...

Love the star quilt...the white stars in the alternating blocks is a great idea...