Friday, April 22, 2022

{Post 1,761} Popping In

 I am hanging out with four of my grandsons, age 6 down to 1. They live about 7.5 hours’ drive from us. Got here last night and will be driving home Sunday AM. I don’t see the boys often, so I wanted to make and bring them something a little special and specific for each one. So I thought about it long and hard and decided to make them string backpacks.

Each boy’s outer fabric is special for them. The inside lining is all Thomas the Tank Engine fabric. I used black paracord tied with double fisherman’s knots. That is the most secure knot for slippery ropes according to Google. It’s tricky to learn, but I practiced ;)



Jeremiah is 6 (left). His bag was made from dark blue with Americana words on it. He got a game of Spot It, Two new books, a sticker book, cookies, and fruit snacks. Samuel is 5 (middle). He got a paint with water book, a sticker book, cookies, fruit snacks, and a block set. Lyndon is 3. He got a Water Wow book, a squishy light-up toy (big hit with everyone), a puzzle set that makes 6 different puzzles, cookies, fruit snacks, and a number learning book. Baby got cookies, fruit snacks (of course), a ball, and several tiny books. 

Each backpack is constructed differently. I was working through 4 different tutorials on Pinterest. Oddly enough, the one I like best is the easiest to make. It’s the dinosaur print one.

I purposely brought things we could do with them. Worked like a charm with their cousins recently!


No comments: