Monday, January 31, 2022

{Post 1,757} Better Than Christmas

 I got a box of scraps from a blog reader today (Hi, Paulette!). It was better than Christmas. I loved sorting and ogling the fabrics while I ate a quick lunch. I am so eager to add her scraps to mine. This AM I was not feeling very energetic. I did not sew at all Saturday or Sunday. I was going into withdrawals. I usually sew a little every single day. I was preparing space and then food for company. Whew—it was exhausting. 

Here is a peek of my goodie box. It’s not too late to add your scraps. Little pieces (at least 2” wide) are usable.


In other news, I have a new lasagna recipe. I only made it twice before yesterday. Both times it overflowed my pan while baking. I put in less sauce the second time. I guess those noodles plumped up more than I anticipated. I am not sure it’s obvious in the picture, but this is a 9 x 13 pan that is 50% taller than the usual ones. I etched “PARKER” on both the long sides (that helps at pot lucks!). I used oven ready noodles, too. It was a big hit yesterday, and I am so happy with my new baking dish.




3 comments:

Paulette said...

I'm glad you got them and are enjoying sorting through. Have fun making your quilt!

Sherrill said...

Are you going to share your lasagna recipe? Inquiring minds and all that! HA Thanks!

Elaine Adair said...

LOL yes, OUT LOUD! Asking for scraps? How funny -- didn't anyone tell yiou that's how they accumulate to enormous amounts? We must all be in the same, pleasurable pile of delicious scraps. I just finished an I Spy top, and had more fun with choosing the pieces, many/most of them donated! Hate to actually part with it. 8-))
Just wanted to say "Hello." 8-)))