Monday, May 17, 2021

{Post 1,749} Sew Many Quilts Finished!

 

This has been such a busy month. I had more customer quilt tops than ever to quilt. Had what I thought was going to be a first-time, one-time experience...I quilted a double knit quilt. No sooner did I finish it than I got THREE more double knit tops to machine quilt for customers. They turn out beautiful, but I personally had enough double knit in the ‘70s. Here are some customer quilts that I did since my last post.





Next up are two I Spy quilts I made for two of my children for their children. One was for four boys and the other for two girls. 



This is the back of the boys’ quilt (the second one with the triangles)...


I made some quilts and a hard candy bag to give away...






I quilted some tops I had made in the past to sell. There is a brick and mortar store that sells my quilts on commission.





I had 6 small (3”) churn dash blocks left over when I quilted an antique top for a customer. One end of the quilt was damaged, so I had to remove the whole row. These 6 blocks were still in decent shape. I made two myself and then hand-quilted this little runner for the top of my grandmother’s treadle sewing machine that I am fortunate to have. 


Today is my husband’s birthday. I am baking him a loaf of his favorite bread and a pound cake tomorrow. Too much going on today to do that. We went to a Longhorns restaurant for supper. The meal was perfect in every way. I said he did not look happy in the picture. He normally has a great smile. He said he was just too relaxed...and too full of good food.














 







1 comment:

Unknown said...

You've gotten a lot accomplished! Good for you.

I once had a friend who, after moving to a new home, used her double knit fabric as landscaping material. Personally, I thought that was a perfect solution.