Monday, February 8, 2021

{Post 1,743} More of The Same

 

It seems like I am in the same routines I was when my children were young...meals, home schooling, etc. My grandson is learning like a champ. Honestly, I am not biased. He is so intelligent. He is staying overnight tonight. I love that kid.

We are moving some things around in our house. As of April, all our children will be gone from our home. If you’re new here, I have 8 children. Our house has 6 bedrooms and an office. We have a friend that just started working from home. They have a small house and 4 children. My husband offered to move his office upstairs into an empty bedroom and allow our friend to use his office that is entered through the garage. 

My husband is finishing up moving a stacking washer/dryer into my clothing closet. The original set are in the finished basement. After my son is married, we are going to rent out his bedroom, a full bath and the laundry room/kitchen (that is currently missing the kitchen part!). Having laundry facilities upstairs will help out with that transition a lot. We will need to put a door in the hallway to have a division between the two bedrooms downstairs. We are keeping one for our children’s use when they visit. Then we will put in new flooring after my son moves out. We need a stove/oven and a kitchen sink instead of a laundry room sink plus seating for the kitchen.There really is not much to do. We already have had several young single men interested in renting it.

Today I finished a long-term project (well, I actually finished it after working on it yesterday and today). I ordered a charm pack on January 4, and it just arrived a couple days ago. So I worked on it immediately. It is a pillow sham to match a twin-sized quilt I made this past summer. This is the quilt...


Here is the sham. I just made a quilted front with the design being the size of a standard pillow. Then I put a zipper up the middle of the back. I laid it wrong sides together and stitched in the ditch of the pattern area and again at 1/4” inside of that. Then I attached binding in the usual way.


With that project finished, I will get it in the mail tomorrow. A customer brought over a baby quilt today for me to machine quilt. I have two others, and I need to get started on them. 

Take care, and leave a comment so I know you were here.













1 comment:

julieQ said...

I just love your love term quilt...so pretty!!! How kind to share your office space.