Thursday, December 3, 2020

{Post 1,738} Christmas Decor 2020

 

The little I did seems to have taken f-o-r-e-v-e-r. I worked on the living room off and on all day, and this is all I decorated.





Just to give you a chuckle, I spent over an hour on this garland on the mantle/shelf (I call it that because that is where our mantle was before we removed the fireplace. I still call it mantle out of habit. Please forgive me. I had bought the nativity scene this year and really wanted to make it “shine”. I set it on the mantle then put the garland on. The garland is quite hefty (I love the way it looks). But then I didn’t have room on the mantle for anything but the thin nativity. My husband came up and asked me why I didn’t put anything else up there. I said there was no room. He gave me an odd look and then reminded me that last year I put the garland UNDER the shelf. I asked, “I can DO that??” He just gave me a blank stare. Here is the comparison for your humor of the day...


Just gonna leave that here. I have a few other things to pull our, but that it about it for us this year. I remember back when all 8 of my kids were at home and the constant activity. I miss having my 8 elves to help shop, bake, clean, decorate, move stuff around, bake more, eat lots of cookies...<sigh> those were the days, my friend.






2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well my dear, you're way ahead of me. I won't even be decorating this year for a variety of reasons, namely working 2 jobs. So glad you were able to hang the garland down low. It looks marvelous. Now as for the cookies, I'll test any you'd like to bake! LOL.

Happy holidays to you and yours. San / Gypsy Quilter

Maggie Ann said...

I like your shelf both ways. and yes from me also....those were the best days ever. Our kids always at our elbows.....baking, talking, helping with cleaning and decorating....laughter and such togetherness. I miss those days.