Tuesday, August 27, 2019

{Post 1,683} Had My Doubts


After I complete a quilt top, the greatest challenge faces me.  What quilting design should I use, and what color thread? I purchased two different orange threads for quilting, one solid, and one variegated. I have some pumpkin quilts in the works. I planned to use one of them on this quilt, but they just didn’t speak to me. I used white. This is a machine quilting pattern I found years ago and have adapted to my own style. I L-O-V-E the texture it gives, but it is very time intensive. The quilt is made from muslin and upcycled men’s shirts. it measures 68” x 76” Very modern for me. I tend to lean towards the traditional patterns, but this is for our newly made-over living room, and it will help bring out the orange, blue, and brown in the rug (also pictured for your convenience).




3 comments:

blj said...

I really like this one...it's different for you, but the white makes it pop and it will really complement the rug.

Elaine Adair said...

This is quite grand, modern and old fashioned, all in one. I really like it. A quiltmaker could use novelties in this kind of quilt as well as the beloved shirtings. I also notice a familiar quilting pattern I've used a LOT for my own FMQ.

Frog Quilter said...

What a fabulous finish, love it.