Monday, April 23, 2018

{Post 1,585} Alabama Bound Finished

This is a quilt I recently finished. I started making it with no one particular in mind. I posted a pic of the progress on Facebook, and one of my daughters said it should go to Alabama to live with its cousin quilt made from upcycled men’s shirts. So Alabama Bound, it is. This is Bonnie Hunter’s Virginia Bound pattern. It’s the only pattern I’ve made twice, and I am not opposed to making it a third time. It’s 79" x 94".

I also finished the center of my daughter’s twin-bed-sized wedding quilt. She asked for a quilt for a guest room bed. Back story is that she started piecing this when she was 11. She is 20 now, and marrying the perfect man for her. She could not sew a straight line on the sewing machine to save her life, so we switched to hand piecing. Worse. So in an attempt to salvage our relationship, I packed it away. Fast forward to a couple months ago. I pulled the box down and asked her if she was OK with me finishing it. She had already asked for a twin-sized quilt. I ripped out the few pieces that had been haphazardly pieced and started over. Here is the center. 


It still needs to be trimmed. I am going to add a narrow dark border, then a larger one (but not too large as it is already twin-sized). She likes it!



2 comments:

Gypsy Quilter said...

Lovely finish. You're getting so much done!

Elaine Adair said...

My goodness - while I'm at it, that Alabama Bound is not too shabby - the
really finished it off, so handsome!!! Elaine Adair