Friday, January 26, 2018

{Post 1,576} 2018 Parker Christmas Quilt Started

I have seen this pattern floating around magazines and Pinterest for many years. I finally ordered one, and here is what I've got after a couple days of chopping up and piecing shirt scraps.


The blocks are 8-1/2" square. I opted to go completely scrappy, as you can see. The tree in the fourth row down is pieced from scraps as well. I figured, why not?

Here is the original pattern. I am only changing the fabric selection. I don't know what I will do for the outermost border yet. Stay tuned! Hopefully, I won't be quilting this one the week of Christmas like I did the one for 2017! I won't be putting that one yellow star on there.


I am firmly blaming Julie and Bonnie for my shirt addiction. Not only do I have the following picture to "debone", but I bought 8 more shirts today, all large, long-sleeved. I needed the colors in the new shirts, in my defense! That's my story, and I'm sticking with it.



5 comments:

dortha said...

Love how your new quilt is going to look.

Ruth said...

Very nice! I want to get my shirt fabric used up and do NOT want to get any more shirts. I have enough other scraps and fabrics for now. Go for it!

Gypsy Quilter said...

Ahhh, but look at how many wonderful quilts you've made with shirts. Especially the ones for other people.

I really like those trees!

moosecraft said...

Your shirtings makes this pattern a lot more desirable! :-)

Wonky Girl said...

That's a nice stack of shirts. Shirts here are $7 and up, cannot bring myself to pay those prices.