Saturday, January 20, 2018

{Post 1,574} So Manly!

Last night I started a baby quilt for an acquaintance where I bank. She is expecting a boy at the end of February. I have been seeing this quilt on my Pinterest board, and finally pulled out the rotary cutter and got busy. Center squares are denim (goodbye, favorite jumper--we've had a long and glorious history, but it is time for you to move on...) that finish at 6" square. Outer squares are 2" finished. There are two blocks, the dark and light are opposite on each. Hence, the first 8 are finished and one extra just to see how it works. Just 7 blocks to go before I can set them together for the quilt center. Won't this be a charming baby boy quilt? All rugged and denim-y? The 2" squares are men's shirt fabrics. The blocks finish at 10" square.


2 comments:

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

That is a nice rugged quilt for a boy. The fabrics you added to the denim are lively and fun.

momtofatdogs said...

Very Striking!