Saturday, August 30, 2014

{Post 1,409} New Baby Quilt Started...My Own Pattern

One of my friends is having a baby in November.  Her husband was one of my adopted college students.  The mom and I just met last year.  Her hubby still gives me Mother's Day and birthday cards.  They go to our church.


I was having a horrible time finding Tigger fabric (her nursery theme).  A few days ago I stopped in a local fabric shop to look for something and was searching through assorted FQs.  I found 4 of the sky blue with Tigger and Roo on them.  I got them, thinking I might not find any more T-I-double G-ER fabric.  Did find two more pieces today when I drove to the "big city" (Mary Jo's).  I got some coordinating fabric there and have pieced this in just a little time.  Now I'll finish the remaining 8 HST blocks and piece the center.

What do you think?  It will measure about 36" wide by 44" tall.




2 comments:

Phyllis said...

Looks really cute! Anything Pooh is perfect for a little one Have fun.

Janet O. said...

Very fun design! : )