Wednesday, January 8, 2014

{Post 1,300} Changes on the Horizon & Finished 9-Patch Blues Quilt Top


This is just the quilt top.  I am debating whether to add another border, but I'm thinking I like it like this.  The outside edge is not bias because of the way the corner triangles were cut.  This measures 65" x 78".

We as a family have a lot of changes coming up.  I am going to drive to my sister's (about 12 hours' drive away) for 7-14 days.  Time will tell.  She is having her 11th baby, and I am going to help with...with...well, I guess with anything I can!

Our oldest daughter moved back in with us before Christmas.  She will be living here with her baby for some time.  That means a little shuffling around of room occupants and a little construction (I'm wording it that way to make it sound fast, inexpensive, and easy--I am not convinced.).  Baby is due July 1.

The upside to me is that I am gaining a new sewing room.  What is now our screened-in porch will become my sewing room.  My sewing room will become my daughter's bedroom.  The guest room where she is staying now will become the nursery.  Easy peasy, right?  LOL!  

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Love the 9patch quilt, of course. I think with a dark binding, it won't need a border...the setting triangles kind of finish it off. Good luck with all your travels family changes coming up. A family is always there for each other!

momtofatdogs said...

YOur flock is coming home to rest this year & mine all flew last year! 2 babies int he house. Yay you Joan! Let me know if I can monogram anything for you. I'd be happy to help/donate my time. Have a safe trip to see your sister. And YES *YOU* can do anything.

Sam

Teresa said...

I really love your quilt and agree that a border is not needed. Sometimes I think a border actually takes away from the quilt. You sure have some busy days ahead, I can't even begin to imagine having 11 children, much less trying to raise that many. My daughter recently had her 5th and at times that seems a little daunting. Great that you can help your sis out. Congrats on a new grand baby on the way. Y'all must have a very loving family and that is truly a blessing.