Friday, October 4, 2013

{Post 1,261} Out With The Old...

When I started making the Count On It quilt series, I followed all the directions.  The October one was the first one I made.  I developed my own style for them after this first one.  I am blaming or crediting (depending on how you look at it) Michelle for getting me hooked on these.  Hers are soooo cute.  Click on "count on it quilt" at the bottom to see all the ones I've made so far.  I plan on making April thru August soon.

Today I made a new OCT quilt and have listed the old one on my Etsy shop.  The differences?  New one has a lighter background.  New one is not blanket stitched but zigzagged with invisible thread.  The hanging sleeve is applied differently.  That's just for ease of construction for me.

Which one do you like better?






4 comments:

Janet O. said...

Okay, I'll be difficult. I like the new background, but I like the blanket stitching.

Ruth said...

I think I agree with Janet about the blanket stitching. Otherwise I like the new one best.

Michelle said...

I'll take the blame! These are so cute, I think everyone should have one!! :)

Teresa said...

They are both just as cute as they can be. I have a definite preference for anything blanket stitched, but I think you did a great job on both of them!