Thursday, August 8, 2013

{Post 1,232} Quilting Underway on Shirts Abound

After much practice yesterday (OK, not all that much) on paper, I am attempting the swirl pattern.  I have learned what NOT to do...not if I can just remember to NOT do it!  Here is a sample of what I'm doing.  I took the picture with my hand there so you can see how LARGE and scale of the pattern is!  Light blue thread seemed the best match for the myriad of colors on the top.  I used the same thread in the bobbin although the backing fabric is navy blue (I had one 2" wide piece left on the bolt after piecing the back...whew!).  I can't take the pressure of making sure the thread tension is perfect so I don't get dots on the opposite side of that color thread.  This is FLYING along!

Incidentally, this is only one of two places where the exact same light border fabric is on both sides of the dark plaid center.  I have a lot of freckles, and here they are in living color:


No comments: