Saturday, July 6, 2013

{Post 1,194} Marcie Quilt and Shirts Abound

Here is some sewing progress for today.  I quilted and bound my Marcie quilt.  I hand quilted in the ditch between the pieced blocks and the border, then horizontally and vertically in the setting squares and setting triangles.  Here it is completed:



I also pieced a few more Shirts Abound block units.  Let me know if you want to swap some.  I want all stripes or plaids, 100% cottons.  I use men's shirts, but I suppose you could use store-bought fabric.

The units are 7-1/2" square each, making a 4-unit block 14" square finished.  Only the upper right block is sewn together.



3 comments:

Kath said...

I always like the colours you choose Joan.

Ruth said...

I might still need to get some light colored shirts for these blocks, but think I have plenty of colored ones. Can't wait to get started on it!

Teresa said...

It's a pretty quilt and what tiny blocks! Do you foundation piece blocks that little?