Friday, April 19, 2013

{Post 1,168} Sewing Today

Here is a burp cloth I made for my grandson tonight.  I am making one more that is identical.  The strip at the bottom is from one of my quilt shirts.


Here are some units behind my sewing machine.



This is the view from my sewing machine chair.  



These blocks at the top are what I was piecing earlier.  They are 9" square.  I saw a neat quilt I'd like to make on someone's slide show from a quilt retreat.  I don't have a pattern, but I'm making it up as I go.  These blocks are made from shirts.  Each one gets a frame of shirt fabric.  One piece on each end, then both sides (which are made from two fabrics...half the length of a side each if that makes sense).  I am trying to decide how wide to make the frames.

The littlel pinwheel blocks are made from double sewn flipped triangles.

Anyone interested in trading me a black 100% cotton shirt part for one of another color?  I have 2 black shirts and want a teensy bit more variety.  Contact me if you are interested.

1 comment:

Kath said...

I loved seeing your room Joan, I am looking forward to seeing the star blocks, it's one of my favourite blocks, although I have not made them myself as I'm a bit unsure of my accuracy. My machine and I don't always see eye to eye LOL