Sunday, March 24, 2013

{Post 1,141} New UFO to Attack


Don't look at this post and think "she is such a fast piecer".  I pieced these Tree of Life blocks some time ago.  I already had the sashing strips and cornerstones cut out.  Today I laid them out and started sewing them together.  I also am sewing more 1-1/2" strips for the pieced border on this quilt as a leader/ender whilst I piece the center.  

There is a single-fabric inner border, then a pieced border of 1-1/2" pieces, then a larger outer border.

Here are some pics of the process.  First, my 1-1/2" border started, a few strips outside the box (literally), and then my blocks and my progress so far today.




I guess it pays to sew instead of take a nap on a Sunday afternoon!

5 comments:

Kath said...

Joan, I love these!

Gayle said...

These Tree of Life blocks are going to make a fantastic quilt! Nice and scrappy - my favorite kind.

Leeanne said...

You are the queen of great quilts!

julieQ said...

Oh Joan, sister of mine! I just pulled out that quilt to work on too!

Janet O. said...

Oh, it is just wonderful! I love this pattern. Nice job!