Wednesday, February 20, 2013

{Post 1,120} Bed Pillow Finished

A decorator I am not.  But I wannabe!!  Those of you who have been patiently reading along have seen the lovely quilted pillow shams I've made for my everyday bedding and my Christmas quilt.  Well, I thought it would look better with a red rectangular pillow in front of the shams.  This is not exactly the look I wanted, but it's close enough for now.  I thought it would be taller.  It is a plump little pillow, not too much unlike a sausage!

Without and with:



The two quilts I'd use it with have different reds, so I decided (after much contemplation) to make a top using many different reds.  The dark chunk on the right side stands out too much (not as much in person as in the picture), but it's good for now.  When my teenage daughter came in my room and said "love the new pillow", I figured finished is good!


6 comments:

Janet O. said...

Love the braid quilt, and yes, that pillow finishes off the look nicely!

Granny Anne said...

This really is a nice add to the bed. Sure like the new pillow!

Kath said...

That little red pillow ties the whole bed together and looks fabulous.

Leeanne said...

I think you might be wrong about you not being a decorator, you are a home maker so keeping your house a home is easy when you make quilts & you love home & family, you've got it!

Ruth said...

The little pillow look good - it's better with it.

Angie said...

Love love love your quilt and shams and the icing on the cake is the tan pillows and definitely with the red pillow in the front. Just lovely---makes me green with envy. :)