Wednesday, February 6, 2013

{Post 1,115} Changes and Painting

Another one of my chicks flew the nest earlier this week.  I wish her well.  Things are really a-changin' around these parts.  

I'm sure many of you have heart failure just thinking about having 8 children at home at the same time.  That was my everyday life for years and years and years.  Now I have 3 sons and 1 daughter.  

As the rooms changed hands so to speak, it ends up that my poor, lonely, left-behind daughter gets a huge bedroom.  

Her sister who just left did the cutting in on the new paint job (thank you!).  Today I painted all the grooves (it was paneled ages ago) and rolled the primer on.  I had Kilz tinted.  It wasn't the color of the chip we agreed on, but it was pretty close. Rachel decided she liked the color of the primer better than the sample of paint we picked, so I'll take the paint stirrer in to have wall paint matched to it soon.  I am kinda sore.  A sign of my advanced age. 

Here are some before and after shots.  I can hardly wait to help her get everything back in a semblance of order.  









3 comments:

Janet O. said...

I love doing the cutting in on paint jobs!
Lovely color on those walls.
It was such an emotional thing for me when each of my children left home, and I only had 4. : )

Unknown said...

Wow, Rachel has a PURPLE room! It looks so neat tho!!!

momtofatdogs said...

I only got emotional with the first one...the 2nd one? Not so much. But the 2nd one is....... JUST.LIKE.ME. Goodness! That color is bright. When our 2nd one left for college I got to paint over her old paint scheme. she had baby blue walls with clouds, and glow in the dark stars on the ceiling. I was glad to see all that go!

Sam