Thursday, September 13, 2012

{Post 1,053} Corner of Feels Like Fall


Here is a corner I just turned of my own version of a pattern in Angela Walters' book, Free-Motion Quilting.  I'm still learning the ins and outs of my HandiQuilter machine and frame.  Now I'm quilting a simple zigzag in the cream one-inch-wide border.  Just ran out of thread and time, so a good place to stop for now.



My pumpkin blocks are the same size as the flying geese blocks.  I'm not sure the veins will be enough quilting to make it as flat as I'd like.  I am going to get a thread that matches the pumpkins as closely as possible and do a simple meander or small loops in them, then quilt the veins and tendrils in a dark brown.  I think I'll like that better!

My motto for quilts:  better to rip it now than to regret it forever.

~Joan


No comments: